When SDN began searching for locations for its multi-million dollar data center, which is its second facility, the company did a lot of research. The 65-acre site that was chosen has easy access to both major South Dakota Interstates (I-29 and I-90). The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) also provided insightful information to help choose the best location based on historic weather patterns.
Features of this high-tech data vault include:
- Redundant power feeds
- High-tech electronic identification security measures 24x7x365
- A concrete facility with 12 inch walls built to withstand tornadic conditions and other weather hazards
- Temperature-controlled environment that will be monitored 24x7
- Battery back-up and generator power
- Access to SDN’s network and Internet service
- Superior redundancy and self-healing circuitry
State-of-the-art fire protection
The building will serve as a switch site location, co-location facility, data center, disaster recovery site, and point of presence.
Co-location suites can be leased at this site in 2,500 square foot increments.
Take a virtual tour of the Data Center below.